UniData provides two kind of data access:
- open data
(all users can use the data - an expense allowance could be required)
- restricted data
(the data use is limited - see below)
longitudinal (trend repeated cross-section)
EB - Eurobarometer
The Mannheim Eurobarometer Trend File, a collaborative effort between the Mannheimer Zentrum fur Europaische Sozialforschung (MZES) and the Zentrum fur Umfragen, Methoden und Analysen (ZUMA), combined the most important trend questions of the Eurobarometer surveys conducted between 1970 and 2002. The file consisted of 105 trend questions asked at least five times in standard Eurobarometer surveys. A total of 1,134,384 respondents from 15 European Union member nations (initially, six European Community nations) plus Norway in some years were interviewed in these surveys.
The cumulative trend questions deal with the following topics:
- knowledge and opinions of the European Community (EC)/European Union (EU);
- opinion regarding European unification and whether or not they were satisfied with the speed of regional integration;
- national and European citizenship;
- opinions and trust in European institutions, such as the European Parliament (EP), the European Commission, the European Court of Justice, and the European Central Bank, among others;
- the respondents’ overall satisfaction with their lives and the overall state of the economy in the EU and its individual member states;
- the importance of European Parliamentary elections, recent voting behavior, voter intentions, party preferences;
- how closely they followed various news and by which media they received the news;
- how much they supported different types of political and social movements.
Demographic and other background information, such as age, sex, marital status, occupation, left-right political self-placement, political party affiliation, trade union membership, household income, region of residence.
Data are available for free (registration required). After logging in, please click on the green button in the box at the right.
Nations: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden
Geographical Unit: size community
Analysis Unit: individual
Universe: whole national population of 15 years and older
Sample Procedure: sample size different for each country (please see the documentation)
Weight: Weight used. Please read the documentation for any details
Collection Mode: face to face interview
Collection Size: UniData supplies: 1 dataset in SPSS format; 1 methodological notes and codebook in PDF format; 1 SPSS syntax file for missing values (3 file)
Data Use Restriction:
UniData – official representative for the dissemination of Eurobarometer surveys in Italy – provides a free data access for all Italian residents upon registration. Data are released in according to GESIS Licence (Category 0), available at this link. Other users will need to contact the GESIS Data Archive.
Source Contact: Meinhard Moschner - GESIS
Eurobarometer Unit. (1970-2002) Mannheim Eurobarometer trend file (cumulative file). Hermann Schmitt, Mannheimer Zentrum für Europäische Sozialforschung [Producer]. GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences (former "Zentrum für Umfragen, Methoden und Analysen" and "Zentralarchiv für Empirische Sozialforschung") [Producer]. UniData - Bicocca Data Archive, Milan. Study Number SI166. Data file version 2.0
The user is obliged to quote all data and documents disseminated by UniData and used in the own publications, using the information previously showed. The user is also obliged to send UniData the bibliographic citations related to the publications where the requested data and documents are used.
Neither the depositor nor UniData bear any responsibility for the analysis or interpretation of the data produced by the user.