UniData provides two kind of data access:
- open data
(all users can use the data - an expense allowance could be required)
- restricted data
(the data use is limited - see below)
EB - Eurobarometer
The Flash Eurobarometer is an European cross-national survey research programme on attitudes, values and beliefs of european citizens. The survey has been conducted since 1987 but unlike Standard Eurobarometer is limited in respect of sample used and provides information on special topics when required by the European Commission.
The arguments of Flash Eurobarometer 235 are as follows:
- Children’s Internet and mobile phone use, and the link with their parents’ Internet use;
- Parents’ concerns about the risks their child was facing when using the Internet;
- The contexts in which children asked their parents for help with an Internet-related problem;
- Parental supervision over their child’s Internet use (i.e. tactics used to supervise usage, setting rules for children’s Internet use and using filtering or monitoring software);
- Institutions or organisations to whom parents could / would report illegal and harmful content seen on the Internet;
- Parents’ views about actions that would contribute to a safer use of the Internet;
- Parents’ preferred sources for obtaining information and advice about safe use of the Internet
Data are available for free (registration required). After logging in, please click on the green button in the box at the right.
Nations: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
Geographical Unit: geographical area
Analysis Unit: individual
Universe: parents of children between 6 and 17 years old
Sample Procedure: about 500 for each country
Weight: Weight used. Please read the documentation for any details
Collection Mode: Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI)
Collection Size: UniData supplies: 1 dataset in SPSS format; 1 questionnaire in PDF format and 1 PDF file with methodological notes (2 file)
Data Use Restriction:
UniData – official representative for the dissemination of Eurobarometer surveys in Italy – provides a free data access for all Italian residents upon registration. Data are released in according to GESIS Licence (Category 0), available at this link. Other users will need to contact the GESIS Data Archive.
Source Contact: Meinhard Moschner - GESIS
Directorate General Press and Communication. (2008) Flash Eurobarometer 248: Towards a Safer Use of the Internet for Children in the EU – a Parents’ Perspective. The GALLUP Organisation [Producer]. GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences [Producer]. UniData - Bicocca Data Archive, Milan. Study Number SI266. Data file version 1.0
The user is obliged to quote all data and documents disseminated by UniData and used in the own publications, using the information previously showed. The user is also obliged to send UniData the bibliographic citations related to the publications where the requested data and documents are used.
Neither the depositor nor UniData bear any responsibility for the analysis or interpretation of the data produced by the user.